I'll miss you grandpa
Grandpa "Fudd" was a great man who will certainly be missed by all of us.
In his "day" he loved to fish and hunt and do anything outdoors.
I don't remember this but my mom told me that one time when I was really little he came and picked me up and took me shopping and let me buy a ton of clothes one day and just let me hang out with him all day ... I guess I could blame my shopping addiction on him? He started it.
I used to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house all the time while the older kids were outside climbing the trees and such I would sit on the back of Grampa's chair and do his hair while he watch the blaring tv that seemed to always be stuck on CNN. You could say he helped me perfect both the right and left sided comb over since he had so much hair to work with; none the less it kept me happy :)
This past thanksgiving we spent over at my grandparents house and Grandpa Farrell had finally got his new "Jazzy" (Motorized wheelchair) so I took it for a couple spins around the house and Grandpa tried to tell me how to drive it. I'm pretty sure even though I might have lacked some "Jazzy" driving skills he probably left it to me in his will at least I hope so.
One of grandpa's favorite things to do was to watch someone work on something and tell them how they were doing it wrong haha. He was a brick mason for some of his life and thoughout his life he would continually line things up with his eyes and apparently this is a trait that I have picked up and still get made fun of for hahaha. Thanks Gramps- Just makin sure things are straight and narrow. Right before I left for the WAC tournament this year I knew he might not be around by the time I got home but when I left I walked across the street to say bye and he was sitting on the front porch with his enormous orange sunglass (Pretty sure they were made for some kind of motorbike) watching a tractor do some work out on his driveway still not hesitant at 81 years old to tell them what they were doing wrong hahaha. I love the image of him getting to enjoy the day in the sun with his weird little sunglasses and point his fingers around haha.
I love you Grandpa ... You really will be missed ... You can rest in peace now
"A Good Man" -- Emerson Drive
I don’t need a whole lot of money
But I wouldn’t turn a lottery down
I just need a little green in my pocket
So I can buy my buddies a round
All I want is a place to lay my head with the woman I love lyin’ in my bed
Kind of understated
My dreams aren’t that complicated…
My dreams aren’t that complicated…
I wanna be the one
When all is said and done
Who lived a good life, loved a good wife, and always helped someone in trouble
On the day they lay me down
I want everyone to gather ‘round
And say he was a father, brother, neighbour and a friend
He was a good man!
I used to dream of being a rock star
And seein’ the world in style
Used to dream of havin’ a fast car
And driving that miracle mile
But I’ve heard tales those streets aren’t paved in gold
They’re full of pot holes and empty souls
Who never learn…
Love is something you gotta earn
I wanna be the one
When all is said and done
Who lived a good life, loved a good wife, and always helped someone in trouble
On the day they lay me down
Want everyone to gather ‘round
And say he was a father, brother, neighbour and a friend
He was a good man!
When I’m gone, I wanna leave a legacy
Of love and laughs and honesty behind me
Behind me…
I wanna be the one
When all is said and done
Who lived a good life, loved a good wife, and always helped someone in trouble
On the day they lay me down
Want everyone to gather ‘round
And say he was a father, brother, neighbour and a friend
He was a good man…
Yaaaaa…I wanna be a good man…a father, a brother, a neighbour, and a friend
I wanna be a good man!
I wanna be a good man!

2 comments:
Sorry for your loss...he sounded like an amazing grandpa!
What a cute little man! So sorry for your loss Lacy!
Post a Comment